IS YOUR GOAL TO MEET DIRECTORS
& TALENT AGENTS?
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR TALENT SHOWCASE
Our Purpose: Students attend Kids on Camera for a variety of reasons. Acting trainings build confidence, improve communication skills and school presentations along with teaching acting and audition skills for TV, film, and stage. For those who desire to audition for films, TV, commercials, voiceovers, and as models we provide a Talent Showcase.
Showcases lead to opportunities for talent agency representation which lead to auditions for films, commercials, stage, modeling, and voiceover. In addition we refer to our showcase talent when we receive casting requests.
Agents receive up to 10 calls daily and 50 photos a week via mail from talent seeking interviews for representation. Bay Area youngsters represented by agents attend an average of 20 auditions annually. Due to our working relationship with agents many of our students receive representation within 30-60 days following the Showcase.
Eligibility: Participants from our TV Acting Sunday series are evaluated. Students are selected based on performance skills, maturity, and audition readiness after completion of our TV acting series in our school year program.
How our presentation to Talent Agents works: 25 students will participate in our Talent Showcase in late fall 2016. A package is prepared with a professional photo and resume of each student and a recommendation letter. We deliver this package to talent agents. If the agent is interested in an interview at their office they contact the parent via their email and/or phone within 30 – 40 days after they receive the package.
Next step for former students from summer camps or from our TV 1, TV 2 and/or TV 3 series: Parents are encouraged to contact our office to discuss their child's next course step and their eligibility for showcase participation.
A showcase fee of $175.00 covers reproduction and distribution of the photos & resumes for our showcase package and our administrative costs. We do not take a percentage of the students earnings for the work they book.
Success stories from our past showcases include
- Bridgit Mendler is Teddy on DISNEY's, GOOD LUCK CHARLIE
- Justin Whalin won an Emmy for an ABC Move of the Week.
- Philip Garcia was cast on the ABC series, SCANDAL in 2015
- Drew Paxman is a voiceover for Hallmark Cards
- Jalien Bates is on WITS ACADEMY on NICKELODEON
- John Morris is the voice of Andy in TOY STORY 1, 2, & 3
- Rebecca Whie was a voice for California Milk & hosted KRON's TV show, FIRST CUT.
- Logan Link, was a cover model for SAN FRANCISCO MAGAZINE in 2015. As a teen she was cast in PENCIL FACE, seen at the 2009 SUNDANCE FILM FESTIVAL.
- Isabella Peregrina is a voice in THE POLAR EXPRESS and JOURNEY 2: THE MYSTERIOUS ISLAND.
- Maddie Eisler was cast in MILK, starring Sean Penn.
- Shoshanna Bush was a Mervyn's model from age 8-18.
- Maridel Terciano was a semi-finalist vocalist on STAR SEARCH